Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to School!

I have decided that since I only have my station to do hair on Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday and Saturday. I would take up Subsititute teaching. Well today was my first day. I got a phone called from the School where my little sis Lizzie goes and where Katie my older sis works. To be honest I got really nervous when the teacher called. She asked if i could take over her 5th grade call, in my mind I thought I can't do that they are all my size they will eat me alive. I was so nervous that I couldn't sleep last night I thought that I might not hear my alarm so I actually woke up every hour.
This morning I woke up tired but all excited to go back to school its been along time. I knew it was going to be a good day when my little sis Lizzie greeted me right in the front hall way and showed me where to go. Then when the kids came in to class one girl came up to me and said "Wow your pretty" (at least someone thinks I am if only it wasn't a 5th grade girl and more a boy around my age!) . I'm actually blogging from class right now. I'm suprised I got them to all be quite and read. I remember when we had subs we were never nice and never did any work these kids actually want to read or write. When I was in school I just wanted to talk to my friends. All in all I'm havig a great time! I can't wait to sub again!

4 comments:

Katie Tenney said...

It was fun to have you at school. It was like a Tenney sister reunion. Haha. Thanks you come again.

Hodges Family said...

I can't believe you! You are so brave!

Emily Fotheringham said...

Bravo Stephanie--both the update and the subbing!

The Egan Family said...

Thats a bummer getting up so early! I bet lizzie loves having you at her school!!